Friday, April 22, 2011

Good quotes that show how Jackie Robinson impacted people

"Give me five players like (Jackie) Robinson and a pitcher and I'll beat any nine-man team in baseball." - Manager Chuck Dressen

"He knew he had to do well. He knew that the future of blacks in baseball depended on it. The pressure was enormous, overwhelming, and unbearable at times. I don't know how he held up. I know I never could have." - Duke Snider (Hall of Fame center fielder)

"Thinking about the things that happened, I don't know any other ball player who could have done what he did. To be able to hit with everybody yelling at him. He had to block all that out, block out everything but this ball that is coming in at a hundred miles an hour. To do what he did has got to be the most tremendous thing I've ever seen in sports." - (Hall of Fame) Shortstop Pee Wee Reese

Source:
Jackie Robinson Quotes. (n.d.). Baseball Almanac - The Official Baseball History Site. Retrieved April 21, 2011, from http://www.baseball-almanac.com/quotes/quojckr.shtml


No comments:

Post a Comment